E textile gingerbread man soft toy kit class kit has 30 kits individually pack. Each kit contains conductive thread, an easy sew battery holder, battery, felt and a soft switch. The soft switch when pressed turns the lights ON, and when released, turns the lights off.
The kit has been specially designed to use very little electronics and is an easy introduction to e-textiles.
See the PDF Datasheet for full constructional details of a Gingerbread Man toy.
- Includes all components and materials to make 30 Gingerbread men toys
- KS3 design and make project aimed at year 8s so it is also suitable for lower ability Year 9s and higher ability year 7s
- Due to this NEW smart material (conductive thread) connections can now be produced by a simple knot or sewing around the LEDs (Lights)
- Free downloadable step by step instructions.
- No soldering involved. The thread looks and behaves like conventional thread with the added bonus, that if the thread breaks the two ends can be tied together and it still works perfectly
- Free downloadable E-textile Project Resources for other project ideas found in our resources section.
- Free downloadable booklet Electronic Teacher’s Resources shows in detail how to turn metal textiles materials like zips, press studs, etc. into switches in our resources section.
- Power Point Presentation also available please email and a copy will be sent to you.
- Product video
- Used by various textile consultants and due to its simplicity, and currently being used throughout education from Primary to University