This new design felt Gingerbread Man E textile soft toy kit contains conductive thread, an Easy-Sew battery holder and a unique, simple soft switch, that when pressed, turns the lights ON, and when released, turns the lights off.
The kit has been specially designed to use very little electronics, while providing a pleasing visual indication of success for the novice crafter.
See the PDF Datasheet for full constructional details of a Gingerbread Man toy.
- Includes all components and materials to make 30 Gingerbread men toys
- KS3 design and make project aimed at year 8s so it is also suitable for lower ability Year 9s and higher ability year 7s
- Due to this NEW smart material (conductive thread) connections can now be produced by a simple knot or sewing around the LEDs (Lights)
- No soldering involved. The thread looks and behaves like conventional thread with the added bonus, that if the thread breaks the two ends can be tied together and it still works perfectly
- Light Stitches Teacher Resources 2017 has worksheets and all the printable resources needed for those lessons. There are also videos to compliment the booklet.
- Booklet shows in detail how to turn metal textiles materials like zips, press studs, etc., into switches
- Used by various textile consultants and due to its simplicity, and currently being used throughout education from Primary to University