The extremely successful Light Stitches projects use a new smart material, Conductive Thread to attach LEDs (lights) to textile projects by simply fastening a knot or sewing onto the LED. This highly conductive thread acts and behaves like a conventional thread with the added bonus of being extremely conductive.
- Kit contains a CR2032 battery holder with switch, 2 meters conductive thread, CR2032 coin cell battery and two 5mm LEDs.
- The colour kits available are non-flashing LEDS apart from the multi-coloured which are flashing LED’s.
- Includes 2 meters of conductive thread and all components to easily attach the 5mm LEDs to textiles projects
- No soldering involved. If the thread breaks tie the two ends together and it still works perfectly
- The E textiles for Teachers includes all information needed including schemes of work and lesson plans. It shows in detail how to turn metal textiles materials like zips, press studs, etc., into switches
- Downloadable the Project Resources with step by step instructions for many e-textile projects.
- Originally designed as a KS3 project, these extremely popular projects are being used by various textile consultants and due to their simplicity are being used throughout education from primary to university
- Introduction to product design encouraging the mixing of different D&T elements thus encouraging creativity in later school life