A KS3 textile and electronics project that uses conductive thread, textiles and LEDs to create an smart phone pouch. The components and materials for 30 kits are included in the pack.
The smart phone holders are made from felt and adhesive backed felt. They use the latest breakthrough in smart textiles, (conductive thread) which allows the thread to be used with electronics in place of wires. The smart phone holder uses 1 colour changing LED for a visual display. This LED is activated when the metal press stud is closed (Press stud acts as a switch turning the LED ON/OFF).
- Includes all components and materials to make 30 LED colour changing smart phone holders
- The smart phone holder can be easy altered to suit various items: phone, mp3 players etc.
- KS3 design and make project aimed at year 8s so it is also suitable for lower ability Year 9s and higher ability year 7s
- Due to this NEW smart material (conductive thread) connections can now be produced by a simple knot or sewing around the LEDs (Lights)
- No soldering involved. The thread looks and behaves like conventional thread with the added bonus, that if the thread breaks the two ends can be tied together and it still works perfectly
- Booklet includes all information needed including full 10 week scheme of work, lesson plans, and all the printable resources needed for those lessons. There is also a video to compliment the booklet
- Booklet shows in detail how to turn metal textiles materials like zips, press studs, etc., into switches
- Used by various textile consultants and due to its simplicity, and currently being used throughout education from primary to university